Thursday, February 3, 2011

TOOT MY OWN HORN!!!

Oprah's Master Class... Let me just say I am LOVING this show!! I have watched Jay Z & Loren Micheal's so far and have a couple more on my DVR....I watched Loren Micheal's today and really enjoyed it. It made me remember all the memories that SNL plays a part in. For many years EVERY Saturday night was spent with my cousin Rebekah watching SNL, I miss the way that friendship use to be, because as we know we all change as we get older. I think SNL helped to form some of my sense of humor, I can be very tacky and no holds bar in my jokes. I LOVE my sense of humor and wit. That last sentence is a part of my new year, I am going to say what I like about myself and not care if others think I am being conceited or egotistical. How are we to love who we are if we are taught that speaking highly of your self is cocky, conceited or rude??? How am I to teach my kids to love themselves if they are not supposed to say what they are good at?? Why did this become a bad thing?? It took MANY years for me to take a compliment or to believe that at face value instead of just wondering what that person wanted from me. So no more of that and I challenge all of you to embrace and SAY what you love about yourself!! Hell I say brag a little if you really want...TOOT YOUR OWN HORN!!! no one else can live your life for you so why do they get a say in who you are???

1 comment:

  1. I am simply going to say that I love you everyday for exactly who you are. And well, when I figure out what I'm really good at I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete